Green Drinks is an informal monthly get together of individuals working for the environment, be that in government, consulting, nonprofit, or in your spare time. It is organized by Manitoba Eco-Network as a service to our network and our community. Come out to make new friends, reconnect with old acquaintances, and unwind at the end of your week. All are welcome!
Usually the first Friday of the month at King's Head Pub, starting at 4:30 p.m.
See you there!
Will's experience with Green Drinks
"Green Drinks has been both a place and a time to meet great people (pretty well every month for me for the last several years):
- I have met people from all political parties and have expanded my interest in local politics;
- I have met people from the ENGO community and was recruited at Green Drinks to be a Board Member for Green Action Centre;
- I have made new friends that share my intellectual passions, as well as a shared value system;
- I have been able to talk about my self-employment and promote my business as a Sustainability Professional (one of the few venues where someone may know what that means);
- I have been able to exchange experiences with fellow students and continuous learners.
- I have learned about other non-profits and co-ops in our Winnipeg community (sometimes from outside the city)"
-- William Dowie, independent environmental consultant